Qatar Airways upgrades baggage allowances
Passengers out of Qatar Airways’ East African destinations Entebbe, Kigali, Nairobi, Kilimanjaro, Dar es Salaam, and Addis Ababa will be happy to hear that the airline has raised their baggage allowances by between 7 and 10 kilograms, depending on the class of travel.
- Economy passengers, will now be able to pack 30 kilograms into their suitcases, up from previously 23.
- While those traveling in business class can pack 40 kilograms, up from previously 30. Passengers traveling out of Doha in First Class, not available on the East African services where a two class Airbus A320 is used on all routes at present, will however be able to carry up to 50 kilograms without being charged for overweight.
In a related development has the airline also confirmed that their move to the new mega airport in Doha will likely be delayed until early 2014, as the completion of the sprawling new airport, which will catapult passenger transit experience to a new level of comfort through vastly improved lounge facilities for all passengers, especially those traveling in business of First Class. It is expected that when Qatar Airways’ first Airbus A380 enters service, now expected by March next year, the new airport will be ready to ring in a new age in 5-star aviation.
A découvrir aussi
- Qatar Airways to start daily flights to Kigali (Rwanda), from 21 march 2012
- Qatar Airways adjustments on flights to Rwanda
- Qatar Airways reduces Kigali servie to 6 flights a week until 07 November 2014. Daily service backs on 08 November